Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links provided for your convenience. This means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
If you like to go camping, you are going to love this campsite flag. Easy to make with heat transfer vinyl and your die cutting machine, this is the perfect way to add your own personal stamp to your campsite.
These are such a fun way to show everyone just how much you love to camp. And it makes a great gift idea for your fellow camping fans.
Camp Site Flag
Cut Files/Fonts Used:
- Cricut Maker
- Rotary Blade (this is a replacement blade)
- Fine point blade
- Tim Holtz 5″ scissors
- 12×24 strong grip mat
- 12×12 StandardGrip Mat
- Natural Duck Canvas
- Coordinating thread
- Black HTV
- Mint HTV
- Light pink HTV
- Turquoise HTV
- Yellow HTV
- Mini easy press
- Easy press mat
- Sewing Machine
- Sewing clips
- Becca’s favorite weeding tool
- Create an 11.5×21″ flag shape in design space using basic shapes. (The finished flag size will be 10.5×18″ with a 3″ rod pocket)
- Insert happy camper cut file. Modify the cut file to liking and size to fit on top of the flag
- Add a text box. Using pink petals font, add a family name. Size to fit under happy camper cut file
- Modify cut file colors to your liking
- Click “make it”. Follow prompts in the design space. Select canvas material setting for duck canvas mat and load rotary blade for cutting. Select iron-on for HTV mats and load fine point blade for cutting. (make sure to mirror HTV mats)
- Load appropriate mats with corresponding materials and let your machine cut
- Use a sewing machine to create a 1/2″ hem along the sides and point of the camping flag. (Fold 1/2″ hem and press with the easy press to create a crease. Use sewist clips to keep hem in place.)
- Fold, press, and sew a 3″ rod pocket on top of the camping flag
- Layer HTV on the flag. Using your mini easy press, apply heat to each individual layer. Allow cool time before peeling each transfer sheet.
Tanner, Courtney, and the rest of the Makers Gonna Learn Team are all here because we love die-cutting and especially love sharing fun projects and tutorials with fellow makers. We are all great friends and are always having a blast when we are together- you will see this on camera, especially during live streams! We are here to inspire and support you in your crafting journey!