Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links provided for your convenience. This means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Celebrate Halloween by handing out these quick and easy treat-filled bags to all your favorite trick or treaters! These candy corn treat bags customized with an MGL font and heat transfer vinyl are the perfect DIY treats for you to make with your Cricut.
Candy Corn Treat Bags
- Duck Canvas
- Rotary Cutter
- Quilters Ruler
- Rotary Cutting Mat
- StandardGrip Mat
- Sewing Machine
- White Thread
- Pumpkin Orange Acrylic Paint
- Yellow Acrylic Paint
- White Acrylic Paint
- Wedge Paint Sponges
- Black Heat Transfer Vinyl: Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Mini easy press
- Easy press mat
- Black & White Baker Twine
- Using a rotary cutter, quilters ruler, and rotary cutting mat, cut two pieces of duck canvas 4×7″
- Align fabric pieces on top of each other, and use a sewing machine to sew a 1/4″ seam around the sides and bottom of the fabric pieces to create a bag.
- Do not flip the bag so that seams are inside. Use tru control knife to help fray the edges of the bag.
- Use wedge sponges and acrylic paint to paint the bag like a piece of candy corn. Yellow on the bottom, orange in the middle, and white on top.
- In the design space, add a basic shape that is 4×7″
- Insert a text box and add the text “trick or treat”.
- Select the MGL Comic font.
- Format and Size text to fit on the rectangle.
- Once the text is sized, delete the rectangle.
- Select the remaining layers (text) and weld to create one layer.
- Press make it. Mirror your mat and select “everyday iron-on” as your material setting.
- Place iron-on material shiny side down on your standard grip mat.
- Insert mat into machine and press flashing start button.
- Once the cut is complete, weed excess vinyl.
- Once the paint is dry on the mag, place vinyl on the bag and use a mini easy press and easy press mat to transfer the iron-on to the bag.
- Remove the transfer sheet once adhesion has occurred between the bag and HTV.
- Place candy in the treat bag.
- Cinch the bag at the top and tie it with baker’s twine.