CRICUT FATHER’S DAY CAKE TOPPER
Father’s Day is coming up in June, and I say, it’s never too early to start finding gift ideas. After all, Dad isn’t always the easiest person make or buy gifts for! This year, I wanted to do something really special and I started brainstorming things about my dad. Well, they say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and when it comes to my dad (probably yours too!), that is so true! What dad wouldn’t get a smile on his face when he saw a homemade cake (or even his favorite store-bought kind!), topped with this really adorable Cricut Father’s Day Cake Topper? You’ll find the file for the cake topper on our exclusive die cutting membership website Makers Gonna Learn. With all of the amazing cut files, fonts, and project inspiration there, all you have to do is get out your Cricut machine and start crafting!
- Cricut Maker
- Yellow Vinyl
- Blue Cardstock
- Weeding Tool Set
- Transfer Paper
- Boxed Cake Mix
- Cake Plate
- Lollipop Sticks
- Offset Spatula
- Scotch Tape
- Mix and bake your cake according to the package directions unless you have a favorite recipe.
- While your cake is baking get crafty. Size and cut your cardstock to be the base of your ties. Then use yellow vinyl to cut the details of the ties.
- Weed your tie details and add transfer paper to easily apply them to your cardstock tie bases. Carefully remove the transfer paper.
- Use simple scotch tape to tape the lollipop sticks onto the back of your ties.
- Once your cake is out of the oven and cooled place it on your cake plate and with your frosting and an offset spatula ice your cake.
- Now, stick your ties into the cake and surprise your dad!
I love how this cake turned out. Your dad will too! This is one of the great projects that you can have so much fun making. Not only will your dad enjoy it but you and your whole family will too! Everyone needs a slice of cake.
Tanner, Courtney, and the rest of the Makers Gonna Learn Team are all here because we love die-cutting and especially love sharing fun projects and tutorials with fellow makers. We are all great friends and are always having a blast when we are together- you will see this on camera, especially during live streams! We are here to inspire and support you in your crafting journey!