Custom Summer Koozie Set
You are going to love this custom summer koozie set for all your backyard parties. They make a great party favor!
Custom Summer Koozie Set
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links provided for your convenience. This means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Cut Files/Fonts Used:
- Cricut Maker
- Our Favorite Cutting Mats
- NuFun Printable Heat Transfer
- Our Favorite Weeding Tool
- Cricut TruControl Knife
- Cricut EasyPress 2, 6”x7”
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- CanonTS8320 Printer
- Teflon Sheet
- Make sure your font is downloaded onto your computer or device before opening Design Space
- Measure your koozies and place those dimensions onto a square in Design Space. We had a 4”x 4” space to work with.
- Upload your SVG into Design Space.
- Now select your cut file and go up to the top of the layers panel and click “offset”. Set your offset to “0.100”.
- Now go to the bottom right of your layers panel and click “contour”. Click the space in the middle of the offset to contour it out.
- Click on your offset layer and up in the top left of the layers panel change the color from black to white, then select both the offset layer and the cut file and click “group” on the top right of your layers panel.
- Grab a text box and choose the system font named “openline”. Type out a name, we chose to write our name in all lowercase letters.
- With your font selected go to the top left of the layers panel to change its color. We want it to match the orange in our rainbow, so choose that color as your font color.
- With your font selected go up to the top of the layers panel and click “offset”. Set your offset to “0.100”. If there are any spaces in between the letters where the offset did not reach, go to the bottom right of your layers panel and click “contour” and contour out all of those little pieces so you have a nice solid offset.
- Click on your font’ offset layer and up in the top left of the layers panel change the color from black to navy blue, matching the color of the palm trees. Then select both the offset layer and the font and click “group” on the top right of your layers panel.
- Take your font and bring it to your palm tree cut file. Size it to fit well at the bottom of the cut file. We tried to make our name the same width as the bottom of the cut file.
- Once you like how everything is laid out and positioned, select all of your layers and click “flatten” at the bottom right of your layers panel.
- Drag your flattened image over to your square and size it to fit well on your koozie.
- Delete the square and click “make it”
- Place a sheet of printable HTV in your printer and allow it to print.
- Place your printed image on the top left corner of your Cricut mat and load it into your machine being sure to select the “Printable Iron-On, dark” material setting.
- Allow your Cricut to scan and cut the material.
- While your Cricut is cutting preheat your Easypress to 325 degrees
- Once the Cricut is done cutting unload your mat. Using your TrueControl knife, cut off the excess material and use a weeding tool to weed the excess vinyl from your cut image.
- Place your koozie onto your EasyPress mat and carefully peel off the design from the backing paper. Place the design where you want it to go on your koozie then carefully place the Teflon sheet over it.
- Heat at 325 degrees for 25 seconds.
- Remove the Teflon sheet and enjoy your koozie!
Tanner, Courtney, and the rest of the Makers Gonna Learn Team are all here because we love die-cutting and especially love sharing fun projects and tutorials with fellow makers. We are all great friends and are always having a blast when we are together- you will see this on camera, especially during live streams! We are here to inspire and support you in your crafting journey!