Jesus Loves Me Hoodie Sweatshirt
You are going to love the project we have for you today! This Jesus Loves Me Hoodie Sweatshirt not only has a sweet sentiment on the front of the shirt, but we’ve added an extra special element to it. We have added crosses to the drawstring to take this project to the next level.
We’re using cut files from here on Makers Gonna Learn, of course, including a file from our brand new Requested Cut File Collection for March. Check out the entire newly released faith collection here. There are so many beautiful and inspiring cut files to choose from!
Jesus Loves Me Sweatshirt
MGL Files Used:
Be sure to check out the entire brand new Faith Collection here.
- Cricut Maker
- Cricut StandardGrip Mat
- Our Favorite Burnishing Tool
- Measuring Tape
- Pin Pen Tool
- Our Favorite Weeding Tool
- White Matte 12”x12” Sheet of HTV
- Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Cricut EasyPress Mat 16”x20”
The video tutorial for this project is below- be sure to check it out!:
- Measure your sweatshirt and your sweatshirt strings and choose the size you’d like your decals to be. Duplicate the small cross design multiple times as you’ll be adding them all along your sweatshirt string. We decided to measure our sweatshirt string and place the crosses in a row in Design Space no longer than 11.5” and we aligned them “center horizontally” and “distribute vertically”. Then we attached them together and duplicated them to have several rows of crosses to be cut.
- Once you have all of your designs sized, click “make it” and be sure to “mirror” your mats as you’ll be using HTV which always needs to be mirrored.
- Set your material setting to “Everyday Iron-On”. Allow your machine to cut your material. Once cut weed all the excess vinyl from your design.
- Preheat your easypress mini to the second heat setting (about 350 degrees). Place one row of your crosses on your hoodie string and heat to adhere. Repeat until you’ve applied all of the crosses you’d like.
- Next, position and heat your larger design onto the front of your sweatshirt. Remove all of the transfer sheets, and enjoy.
We can’t wait to see what you do with this project idea! Be sure to share your projects in the member only Facebook group.
Tanner, Courtney, and the rest of the Makers Gonna Learn Team are all here because we love die-cutting and especially love sharing fun projects and tutorials with fellow makers. We are all great friends and are always having a blast when we are together- you will see this on camera, especially during live streams! We are here to inspire and support you in your crafting journey!