Cricut Faux Leather Bookmark
If you are anything like us, you love to have a special bookmark to put in your Bible and keep track of where we left off in our reading. This Cricut Faux Leather Bookmark is a beautiful reminder of God’s everlasting love and would be perfect for your Bible, faith journal, or in any book that you reach for often.
The inspiration you will get from this lovely bookmark not only makes it a craft project you will enjoy making, but can serve as daily inspiration for you from then on. It makes a perfect gift. Give it on its own or include inside a Bible or devotional to share this important message with your loved ones as well.
This cut file is from our new Faith Cut File Collection. Be sure to check out the other designs in this series.
Cricut Faux Leather Bookmark
This bookmark is a really quick, easy, and fun beginner-friendly project. The stitching adds an extra special touch, taking a simple bookmark to the next level.
MGL Files Used:
Greater is He (MGL_faith4) cut file
Have a look at the rest of this cut file collection here: Faith Collection
You can find the video tutorial below:
- Import MGL_faith4 (greater is he) cut file into design space
- Add a square from basic shapes in design space
- Resize square to 2” wide by 7.5” high
- Using a basic shape, cover the mountain or greater is her portion of the cut file and then slice so that the cut file becomes two separate layers.
- Delete the slice result layers you do not need.
- Duplicate the mountain.
- Select one of the mountain layers and press contour and then hide all contours
- Change the color of the newly contoured mountain (so that you can easily see the contrast) and place behind the other mountain.
- Press the size lock button on the contoured mountain and manipulate the cut file as to create a drop shadow behind the original mountain design.
- Select both the contoured and original mountain layer and group together
- Size the grouping to 3” wide and place at the top of your rectangle
- Ungroup your mountain grouping
- Select the contoured mountain layer and the rectangle and press weld
- With the newly welded shape (bookmark) select contour and then press hide all contours
- Move the welded bookmark to the back so that the original mountain cut file is on top in the correct position
- Select the remaining part of the original cut file (greater is he), change the color to your desired color and then rotate 90 degrees.
- Size and place the text on the book mark where you would like. (i left mine at 6.49” and centered it in the body of the book mark)
- Duplicate the bottom layer (bookmark layer) and flip the new layer horizontally
- Color sync your different layers so they will cut out on the appropriate mats
- Click make it
- Select the mat that contains the mountain and greater is he graphic and mirror those images
- Connect to your machine
- Select the appropriate material setting for the mat that is being cut (faux leather for the book mark and iron-on for the mountain and text)
- Load the mat into your machine and press the flashing cricut button.
- Remove the material from your mat
- Repeat for each mat.
- With the faux leather bookmarks layered on top of each other (wrong side to wrong side) secure with sewing clips so that they will not move
- Using your sewing machine, top stitch all the way around the bookmark.
- Preheat mini easy press to 350 degrees
- Weed HTV (iron-on) and place on the bookmark in the correct areas
- Place bookmark on an easy press mat
- Using your mini easy press, apply heat (moving slowly and gently) to transfer the iron-on onto the faux leather
- Remove transfer sheet
We can’t wait to see your bookmarks! Please share them in the member only Facebook group so we can see your amazing creations!
Tanner, Courtney, and the rest of the Makers Gonna Learn Team are all here because we love die-cutting and especially love sharing fun projects and tutorials with fellow makers. We are all great friends and are always having a blast when we are together- you will see this on camera, especially during live streams! We are here to inspire and support you in your crafting journey!