DIY LOVE QUOTE DECOR
This project is a really fun idea for a DIY Love Quote decor plaque. It would even be great for a Valentine’s Day craft or a handmade wedding gift.
Do you love home décor? I sure do! I love freshening up my living space with some new decorative touches. The only thing is that it can be really expensive to buy new home décor items every time I want to switch things out.
That’s one of the reasons why I love making my own DIY home décor. Not only that, but I can customize it to my own likes and really make it a one of a kind piece. By creating some DIY pieces, I can change my décor for every holiday, season, and occasion.
DIY LOVE QUOTE DECOR
This love quote plaque is so easy to make. It won’t take much time either – the hardest part will be waiting for the paint to dry!
- Wooden Plaque
- White Chalky Finish Paint
- Pink Chalky Finish Paint
- Black Chalky Finish Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Cricut Maker
- Cricut Vinyl
- Weeding Tool Set
- Transfer Paper
We’re using this adorable cut file from right here on Makers Gonna Learn. It’s one of thousands of cut files you’re going to love using for your die cutting craft projects.
- Measure your plaque and size the quote in Design Space to make sure it will fit well.
- Cut the quote with your die cutting machine, and weed off the excess when it’s finished being cut.
- Add transfer paper to the quote and apply it to your plaque. Peel it off to reveal your finished quote.
- Make sure the vinyl is well adhered to the plaque, and paint it as you like. We created kind of a marble pattern on ours.
- Before the paint is finished drying, use a weeding tool and carefully remove all the vinyl letters.
- Once the plaque is dry you can take a detail brush and outline the letters in black, but that’s totally optional.
Tanner, Courtney, and the rest of the Makers Gonna Learn Team are all here because we love die-cutting and especially love sharing fun projects and tutorials with fellow makers. We are all great friends and are always having a blast when we are together- you will see this on camera, especially during live streams! We are here to inspire and support you in your crafting journey!