EASY CRICUT HOME DECOR – PAINTED PHOTO FRAME
There is something I’ve noticed about photo frames. Either they’re really boring or they’re really expensive. Since plain photo frames don’t really match my decorating style or suit my personality, I decided that I needed to make a DIY photo frame that be just right for me. When I found this wooden frame at Michaels, I was inspired to create this incredibly simple craft project. It’s so easy – you simply won’t believe it! It’s the perfect item to freshen up your home décor or to give it as a handmade gift for someone special. You really must try making this Easy Cricut home Decor – Painted Photo Frame for yourself. I’ll show you how!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”Ef6d6s9n” upload-date=”2018-04-30T13:01:01.000Z” name=”Wooden Photo Frame” description=” I wanted to make a DIY photo frame that would represent me. I was roaming around Michaels and found this great wooden frame and got inspired. This is a super simple project. It makes great home decor.”]
- Wooden Photo Frame
- Blue Spray Paint
- Black Chalky Finish Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Cricut Maker
- Weeding Tool Set
- Transfer Paper
- Size your “LOVE” and heart design to fit well on your frame then cut it with your die cutting machine.
- Once it’s been cut weed the access and apply a piece of transfer paper.
- Now take your frame and paint the bottom black, just where your design is going.
- Once it’s dry apply your design and remove the transfer paper.
- Take the frame outside and spray paint it.
- When it dries take a Cricut weeding tool and carefully peel up the letters and heart. You can use a small paintbrush and your black paint to clean up any imperfections where the spray paint seeped through the vinyl.
- Simply add a photo and display!
I really enjoyed making this project. It reflects me and looks great in my living room. Feel free to make it unique by spraying it your favorite color or adding your favorite word. No matter what it’s sure to turn out great.
Tanner, Courtney, and the rest of the Makers Gonna Learn Team are all here because we love die-cutting and especially love sharing fun projects and tutorials with fellow makers. We are all great friends and are always having a blast when we are together- you will see this on camera, especially during live streams! We are here to inspire and support you in your crafting journey!