DIY CRICUT LEATHER KEYCHAIN
This DIY Cricut Leather Keychain is a simple and fun die cutting craft project. Since it’s small and not terribly intricate, it makes a really great beginner project for those who would like to learn about cutting leather with the Cricut Maker.
It might seem complicated, but the Cricut machine makes it so easy. It does a lot of the work for you. Scroll down to see our full step by step instructions for making this amazing project.
DIY CRICUT LEATHER KEYCHAIN
One of my favorite things to do in the summertime is to invite my friends over to make some craft projects together. It’s a fun way to get together and talk the day away while we make something creative. It’s also a really great way to get more creative ideas because each one of us adds our own spin to our projects.
When we got together last time, I showed my friends this great idea for Cutting Leather With The Cricut Maker – DIY Keychain. It was lots of fun and is the ideal summer project! Use different colors of spray paint and vinyl and you can get a variety of different looks. We found this super cute quote and the little popsicle shape from our Makers Gonna Learn membership!
- Cricut Maker
- Brown Faux Leather Sheet
- Mint Green Cricut Vinyl
- Yellow Spray Paint
- Transfer Paper
- Hot Glue Gun
Step by Step Instructions
- Measure your leather and size how big you’d like your keychain to be.
- Once you sized it in Cricut Design Space load the machine and let it do the work!
- While it’s cutting, get your scissors and cut a little strip of the extra faux leather you have. This is going to be the loop for the keychain!
- Once your popsicle is cut remove the access and load the machine with your mint green Vinyl. Let it cut.
- Go outside with your cut popsicle shape and apply a layer of yellow spray paint. Allow it to dry completely.
- Unload the machine and weed the excess vinyl and apply transfer tape to the quote.
- Hand-cut a vinyl piece to be the stick of the popsicle.
- Once the leather has dried carefully adhere the vinyl pieces and remove the transfer paper.
- Flip the Popsicle over and hot glue that small piece of leather you cut into a loop, then hot glue it onto the corner of the top of your popsicle.
- Add it to your keyring and enjoy!
Looking for more leather projects you can make with your Cricut Maker? Check these out:
Isn’t that a fun craft project? If you make one of these quick and easy keychains, we would love to see it! Share on social media with the hashtag #MakersGonnaLearn.
Meet the Makers Gonna Learn team! Tanner, Rachel, and Courtney are all here because we love diecutting and especially love sharing fun projects and tutorials with fellow makers. We are all great friends and are always having a blast when we are together- you will see this on camera especially during live streams! We are here to inspire and support you in your crafting journey!